Juice Fast Day 2

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 2.....that means I made it through day 1.  Awesome.  Only the not awesome thing is that I woke up with a headache, I'm feeling really blahh, tummy aching and I'm super hungry.  


10 AM - Banana, strawberries, blueberries, cutie orange, 1/4 cup non fat milk and water smoothie


Tip >>  bananas make smoothies soooo creamy and thick, especially when they're not frozen, which leaves me feeling fuller.  I like that. 


12:30 PM - 1/2 banana, spinach, red bell pepper, 1/4 cup non fat milk and water smoothie. 
By lunch time I'm wanting some real food. Real food. Not blended up antioxidant goodness. I want a cheeseburger pronto people! (However.....I did notice that I haven't been craving any sweets at all, even though I come from a long line of chocolate - a - holics.....so it seems that eating lots of fruits helps out with those sugar cravings.  Interesting.) 


Maybe this is TMI - but I figure you're reading cause you're interested in this process.  I've got the runs - not fun....and this endless headache is still hanging out.  I considered hiding out in bed all day (which is making me really happy that I tried this out over the weekend) but I feel like I gotta get out of the house and relax my mind.  So this is what I did....



Lucky for me it was the most beautiful, perfect weather outside even though its January in Utah.  I picked a new hiking spot and went exploring.  I did an hour up and an hour down and I noticed my lack of food intake immediately.  About 1 minute into the incline I was breathing heavy and sweating and so exhausted.  I passed by a family and tried to awkwardly hide my glistening face and say "hi (breath) yeah (breath) its beautiful (breath breath)." But I wasn't about to quit, just take more breaks.  I had a pocket full of almonds and cranberries and went for it.  The push to the top was totally worth it.  Good choice.

4:30 PM  - 1/2 banana, blueberries, cara cara orange, water smoothie

I'm still craving some "real" food tonight. Something warm.  Cheeseburger.  Yeah....no!  I decided to cook up some vegetables rather than eating them raw and blended.  So my juice fast has turned into a fruits and vegetables and almonds and a little milk fast.  And I feel just fine about that.  

7 PM - sauteed in olive oil yellow squash, onions, zucchini, butternut squash, green beans, red bell pepper, carrot

I added lots of butternut squash because I love love love it and I need some food love in my life right now.   I'm going to bed with a headache still and feeling sick, tired, and a tummy ache.  Same as when I woke up this morning.  

But I'm still alive.


No comments

Post a Comment

GO TO TOP
SOUTH JENNI. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.