Tip # 2 from The Lean

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Second tip from the book I'm reading for getting healthy is.....Eat Breakfast! You're shocked right? You've never heard that before huh?


I think that's the first rule that every diet book tells you but I still skip it from time to time (or I grab anything I can find while I'm running out the door thinking I can finish my make up and my hair and my breakfast in the car on the way to work - good plan).

You know that by not eating for long periods of time you go into "starvation mode" and your metabolism slows down.  Also, your blood sugar drops and you get cranky and can't think straight (um hello, I know that feeling!).  Seeing as you haven't eaten for 10ish hours, breakfast is a really big must.  

The author of this book recommends whole grains and protein for breakfast and her suggestions that I'm loving lately are:

1. Bowl of brown rice, veggie sausage, black beans and avocado (I know it sounds like lunch but I also eat pizza for breakfast so who am I to discriminate?)

2. Toast and peanut or almond butter

3. Oatmeal (I've been adding blueberries and cranberries - heaven!)

bonus: have a scoop of protein powder in water - not so yummy but just drink it quick


P.S. The author promotes vegan eating so......I'm not gonna argue that either way but I still like "leaning" towards it and I like her food suggestions. 



No comments

Post a Comment

GO TO TOP
SOUTH JENNI. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.