simple goals

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Although there is still 2 months before I need to start making my new years resolutions, I'm suddenly in the mood for something new to focus on right now.  Maybe its because I have too much time on my hands.  Maybe its the cold, wet rainy weather that's giving me cabin fever.  Instead of waiting until January 1, I thought I'd start now.  Actually, I'd like to make it a habit of making new, simpler goals that I can actually finish before I move onto other goals.  Two months to hurry up and grow a little in 2012.

Emotional
While we're teaching here in Lithuania with ILP, I only work half the day, starting at 3 pm. Mornings are all mine.  Well time to sleep in, my natural love of staying in bed cuddled up, added with the fact that all my roommates sleep in, plus the cold weather outside is the perfect storm for the habit lately of staying in bed until noon.  Staying in bed feels amazing, but its doing a number on my mental state.  I'm tired.  I'm unmotivated.  I'm sluggish.  So my goal for the next 6 weeks of my time here is to get out of bed at least 3 times a week and go for a walk in the morning.  Explore a little bit.  Does the fact that I have to make a goal to get out of bed make me sound incredibly lazy?  Eh. My next goal will be to stop caring what people think.  

Spiritual
Mom gave me this 25 days of Christmas reading list a few years ago and I'm embarrassed to say that it's been sitting in my inbox, unused, all this time. I'd love to read it this year though. And since I know myself soooo well....daily goals only last about a week.  So I'm going to start my 25 days now and that seems pretty doable to get that done before Christmas eve.


25 Days of Christmas Scriptures

1.   JST Luke 3:4-11; John 1:1-14; 20:31    “That Ye Might Believe in Christ”
2.   Luke 1:5-25    Gabriel and Zacharias
3.   Luke 1:57-80   John the Baptist
4.   Luke 1:26-56    “My soul Doth Magnify the Lord”
5.   Matt 1:18-25    Jesus’ Birth
6.   Luke 2:1-17    “Unto you is born a Saviour”
7.   3 Nephi 1:4-21    Signs of Christ’s birth appear in the Americas
8.   Matt 2:1-15    Wise men
9.   1 Ne 11:1-23    “Behold the Lamb of God”
10.  Luke 2:18-38     Simeon and Anna
11.  Luke 2:39-52    “About my Father’s business”
12.  Matt 3:1-17     John and Jesus
13.  Alma 7:10-16; Hebrews 2:18; 4:15  He will loose the bands of death
14.  John 8:12-36     I am the light of the world
15.  Mark 10:17-30     What shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
16.  John 17:1-26     The Great Intercessory Prayer
17.  Matt 28:1-20    “He is not here for he has risen”
18.  John 3:16; Romans 8:38-39   Love of God
19.  Matt 9:27-31; Mark 7:31-37; 8:2-26  Healing the Blind
20.  JSH:1-18; Matt 3:17; Moses 4:2  “This is my Beloved Son”
21.  2 Nephi 31:5-20  “Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ”
22.  Helaman 5:6-12    “Remember, Remember…”
23.  3 Ne 17:5-12, 20-25     “Behold your little ones”
24.  Moroni 4 & 5    Sacrament Prayers
25.  Moroni 7:27-48    “Come Unto Christ”


Physical
I've been on Pinterest quite a bit lately (again with the plenty of free time).  Knowing that my typical new years resolution is to eat healthier, I'm thinking I'll get a jump start on that one.  I'd like to compile two weeks worth of yummy, healthy meals that I've pinned.  I want to come up with a cookbook of my fav meals eventually, but I'd say two weeks of meal plans is a good start. Especially after being on an eastern european diet of potatoes, potatoes and more potatoes...my body is craving some healthy detox. 



And.......that's what I'll be doing until New Years.  





No comments

Post a Comment

GO TO TOP
SOUTH JENNI. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.