the halloween party

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

















 Little baby lion photo bomber got us in this one.

Happy Halloween!  Halloween isn't traditionally celebrated in Lithuania, though people know what it is.  Some of the younger kids are starting to pick up on it.  Anyways we figured we'd have a party since we are an English class and all....gotta teach some culture.  I was a bird and  Stevie faux hawked my hair.  I was the best looking bird around.  Well, there was one of the students' little brothers that didn't think so.  He's about 1 or 2 years old.  He came walking happily around the corner until he saw me with my mask on and I just saw the terror register on his face and then instant tears. So some Lithuanians are still coming around to the idea of Halloween.  We got lots of confused, upset, amazed stares while walking to and from school.  

But, we let the kids know that they could dress up and bring some food cause we were having a P.A.R.T.Y.  

I was pretty skeptical about if any of the students would actually wear a costume....and if they'd even get the concept.  But they got it. And their costumes were legit.  They put my bird hair to shame.  We had a feast of treats and the kids loved it and it was the best. I think Lithuania has some hope yet of bringing the Halloween notion around. Our work here is done. Mission accomplished.

No comments

Post a Comment

GO TO TOP
SOUTH JENNI. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.