Sukhothai

Tuesday, July 28, 2015


Sukhothai is a World Heritage Site with ancient ruins and buddhas for days. It's really close to the city I live in so we got to go spend a Saturday there. I can't really tell you a ton of the history about it because I started reading into it and then immediately fell asleep...but it used to be Thailand's capital in the 1200s-1300s and then some fighting happened and now it's a tourist site. Also it's called "The Dawn of Happiness". The buddhas were pretty amazing though. I was impressed. 

You can rent bikes for the day for like 50 cents so we got to ride around to different parts of the park. It was a great day. I also accidentally bought a huge bamboo wind chime thing because it was only $3 and I don't know what came over me. Oh well....we all have regrets in our life right?
















No comments

Post a Comment

GO TO TOP
SOUTH JENNI. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.